Monday – Bill Gates
- Three Microsoft Examples.
- New York- Mott Hall, Office & Notebook computer available
100% of the time.
- Jackson Hole WY Certified Education Program (AATP) for NT and
95 Program at High school
- Blacksburg VA “Most connected Community” Linking schools to
community including Elementary Children to Pensioners
Tuesday – Keynote
Pre keynote announcements: Student Technology Leaders
Info available at
Plan for Cyberfair 98, Community day In October
Chris Held Bellvue SD
- Philosophy = Powerful Ideas
- Epistemology Powerful Learning
- Pedagogy , Powerful Teaching
- Technology Powerful Tools
‘All Things are connected”
Integrated Technology Classroom with 4:1, Kids to Computer ratio
Also includes Camcorder ,Lego-Logo, Laptops,
Wednesday – Jennifer James, Cultural Anthropologist
- Author “Thinking in the future tense”
- Getting computers and technology is not the major problem.
- Rich Poor split is not the major problem eventually either the
disparity resolves itself or the poor defect toward anarchy.
- The gap is a behavioral.”The Truth will set you free but first
it will make you miserable” Technology can be a great equalizer
economically. Mass migration can be a destabilizer but technology
allows people to prosper where they are.
- Progress is the Concentration of energy
- Skills of teachers vs intelligence of teachers
- Economics are the efficient Use of energy