Steve Wozniak – Creativity in the Classroom
Felicia Oram – What Does Television “Edutainment” Do for the
- Editor for Bill Nye (Post Production)
- Collaborative Process
- Tv + science + entertainment
- Mission to raise science curiosity In 4-7 grade when kids
start to turn away from science.
- This Is also the age where student make independent Tv
- No we don’t give out t-shirts
- Companion to classroom environment. 1 subject Per show + a
curriculum path for season.
- Curriculum and science advisors pick 2 to 3 concepts.
- Background sheets 10-12 pages. Comedy and science writers
cneate content and directors rewrite everything.
- Start with tease.
- Continuous rotation not a 1 time experience.
- Bill Nye open
- The Walk
- Big demo
- Anything short that doesn’t have Bill in it
- Rest of Show is fast Bill and fast kids
- “Check it out”
- “way cool scientist”
- ” Music video”
- prat falls
- see-say technigue
- chanel surf feel, static and jump cuts
- Funded by NSF, PBS, Disney
- Off air rights for teachers to tape and use in classrooms
- 2 versions one for PBS no Commercials other from syndication
- Syndication has Shorter tease and some other cuts.
- 18:1 shoot rate can be as high as 30:1
- 4 directors and 2nd film unit
- Avid video (Mac)
Cut List made using compress low res Video Using frame index. This
is a compromise of Resolution vs Storage. 32GB barely holds 1show.
500-800 edit per show. Digital Editing can give you the temptation to
do everything. The final adjustments boost primary Colours to give
Well Connected Educator- Gwen Solomon
Beyond the firewall
- 66% of corporations are Inside Intranets (1996 survey)
- TCP/IP-Content Irrelevent
- fully scallable and cross platform
- Info Services
- Clients – freely availible
- Open standards
- Ease of use