Tris Hussey’s session on tools was one that you really had to move you pencil for. So many interesting examples. I really like how he mixed the mostly free tools with examples of where a few dollars gets you so much more.
I had previous experience with
- Evernote (multi-platform notes and web clipping
- Google Reader (RSS Reader du’jour)
- Yojimbo (Mac-based note keeper/organizer)
- Snag it (Windows Screen capture)
- Dropbox (Cloud file storage)
- Scrivener (Mac Writing Application)
Avairy was an example of a class of tool that has only been possible recently. It provides desktop-class image editing tools as a website. While there are always need for dedicated tools like Photoshop and Pixelmator, when you see what is possible online – especially for those of us that go across machines and across platforms – you wonder why you would use anything else.
Feedly for the newspaper-style RSS experience was a really nice tool for researching and scanning RSS content.
WordCamp Victoria was held Saturday Nov 14th at University Canada West in Victoria
- What’s at Wordcamp – http://central.wordcamp.org/
- Location Sponsor – http://www.ucan.ca/