Monday – Bill Gates
- Three Microsoft Examples.
- New York- Mott Hall, Office & Notebook computer available
100% of the time.
- Jackson Hole WY Certified Education Program (AATP) for NT and
95 Program at High school
- Blacksburg VA “Most connected Community” Linking schools to
community including Elementary Children to Pensioners
Tuesday – Keynote
Pre keynote announcements: Student Technology Leaders
Info available at
Plan for Cyberfair 98, Community day In October
Chris Held Bellvue SD
- Philosophy = Powerful Ideas
- Epistemology Powerful Learning
- Pedagogy , Powerful Teaching
- Technology Powerful Tools
‘All Things are connected”
Integrated Technology Classroom with 4:1, Kids to Computer ratio
Also includes Camcorder ,Lego-Logo, Laptops,
Wednesday – Jennifer James, Cultural Anthropologist
- Author “Thinking in the future tense”
- Getting computers and technology is not the major problem.
- Rich Poor split is not the major problem eventually either the
disparity resolves itself or the poor defect toward anarchy.
- The gap is a behavioral.”The Truth will set you free but first
it will make you miserable” Technology can be a great equalizer
economically. Mass migration can be a destabilizer but technology
allows people to prosper where they are.
- Progress is the Concentration of energy
- Skills of teachers vs intelligence of teachers
- Economics are the efficient Use of energy
Steve Wozniak – Creativity in the Classroom
Felicia Oram – What Does Television “Edutainment” Do for the
- Editor for Bill Nye (Post Production)
- Collaborative Process
- Tv + science + entertainment
- Mission to raise science curiosity In 4-7 grade when kids
start to turn away from science.
- This Is also the age where student make independent Tv
- No we don’t give out t-shirts
- Companion to classroom environment. 1 subject Per show + a
curriculum path for season.
- Curriculum and science advisors pick 2 to 3 concepts.
- Background sheets 10-12 pages. Comedy and science writers
cneate content and directors rewrite everything.
- Start with tease.
- Continuous rotation not a 1 time experience.
- Bill Nye open
- The Walk
- Big demo
- Anything short that doesn’t have Bill in it
- Rest of Show is fast Bill and fast kids
- “Check it out”
- “way cool scientist”
- ” Music video”
- prat falls
- see-say technigue
- chanel surf feel, static and jump cuts
- Funded by NSF, PBS, Disney
- Off air rights for teachers to tape and use in classrooms
- 2 versions one for PBS no Commercials other from syndication
- Syndication has Shorter tease and some other cuts.
- 18:1 shoot rate can be as high as 30:1
- 4 directors and 2nd film unit
- Avid video (Mac)
Cut List made using compress low res Video Using frame index. This
is a compromise of Resolution vs Storage. 32GB barely holds 1show.
500-800 edit per show. Digital Editing can give you the temptation to
do everything. The final adjustments boost primary Colours to give
Well Connected Educator- Gwen Solomon
Beyond the firewall
- 66% of corporations are Inside Intranets (1996 survey)
- TCP/IP-Content Irrelevent
- fully scallable and cross platform
- Info Services
- Clients – freely availible
- Open standards
- Ease of use
Guy Kawasaki – Rules for Revolutionaries
- Don’t Worry be Crappy
- Churn baby Churn
- Make what you do a cause
- Market Share death Magnet
- High and to the right
- Let 1000 flowed bloom
- Eat like abird shit like an elephant
- Never ask people to do soneth iis you wouldn’t do
- Suck down n or accross but not up
- Never let the bozos grind you down
Back to Main Page
It's about the little things now.